- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Pakistani Women In a Changing Society.
- Essay length: 10765 words
- Submitted: 23/02/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
ÐÏà¡±á>þÿ þÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿÿì¥Á5@ ð¿03ÉbjbjÏ2Ï2 (XX¾ÿÿÿÿÿÿllll8¤ °ÄlOvÎÐÐÐÐÐÐ$ÅR Ôôô ÎÎ®®t Àx²ÿÇl®Î0O®ë
® ôôPAKISTANI WOMEN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
PAKISTANI WOMEN IN A CHANGING SOCIETY
The decade of the 1980s has truly been a decade of the women of Pakistan. A
powerful women's movement made a dramatic impact on Pakistan's political scene.
The concrete achievements of the women's movement in its struggle against
policies of General Zia's military regime which were directed against women in
the name of Islamisation, have not been inconsiderable. A number of women's
organisations in the country came together in this struggle, which included the
Women's Action Forum (WAF) which has been the leading and the most effective of
these, the Democratic Women's Association, the Sindhiani Tehrik and the Women's
Front as well as the All Pakistan Women's Association (APWA) the oldest of these
which has been run by wives of senior bureaucrats and politicians and has had a
reformist but rather a patronising orientation.
The decade of the 1980s was also a decade of degradation of Pakistani
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Should Women have equal rights to Men? Men and women should...
- The essay will interpret inequalities in health among the su...
- The role of Women in today's society.
- This essay will explain the functionalist, Marxist and Socia...
- Briefly outline the differences between Weberian and Marxist...
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student