- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Secondary research for equality in the family.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Secondary research for
equality in the family
I am doing a research on inequality in the family. Conjugal roles are the roles between couples, and this pays an important part in research and coursework. My research will also include stats, previous stats, newspaper articles and other secondary recourses. Relations where people with an relationship who live together share domestic work, labour and leisure time are known as shared conjugal roles.
Some sociologists argue that one important change within the family is the move to greater sex equality. They suggest this because the division of labour is equally shared as more men now more involved in housework and child care, But in the early 20th century, Conjugal roles were segregated because women expected to be responsible for the housework and child care while the man were expected to work and do the bills etc. because of there male and female roles.
In the early 1970s Young and Willmott conducted a survey in which nearly 2,000 people where interviewed. All the results are in their book, the symmetrical family. Young and Willmott argued that segregated roles have vanished for all of the social classes, but mostly
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Karl Marx and Max Weber have different views upon social cla...
- EXAMINE AND ACCOUNT FOR FAMILY DIVERSITY IN THE UK
- I have chosen questionnaire for my primary research method. ...
- The role of Women in today's society.
- Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of qualitat...
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.