- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Sex and Gender.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Sex and Gender
The taboo nature of there problems may mean they are isolated and often kept in the dark. This may cause considerable Confusion as although gender is a cultural conception it is often misrepresented as biological facts. In reality, there is a wide spectrum of sex/gender identity and people can be dotted anywhere along the line between male and female masculine and feminine. Some people may be relived to discover their intersexuality particularly if their sexual self-identification is at odds with the sex that has been assigned to them
. However, maybe the real discomfort (disorder) grows through adolescence and into adulthood, as family and society, in ignorance of their underlying gender identity, relentlessly reinforce expectations imposed upon them in accordance with their physical appearance alone.
One problem is who decides who needs treatment and who doesn't. Evidence (from the new scientist) shows that boys are six times more likely to singled out for treatment as parents see boys acting or dressing like girls as less acceptable.
Another problem is many children experience identity confusion and many grow out of it or work through it managing with out help to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Discuss the difference between Quantitative and Qualitative ...
- The riots in 2011 were a reflection of Britains broken socie...
- I have chosen questionnaire for my primary research method. ...
- Les Miserables
- Compare Rawl's Theory of Justice with those of Nozick and Wa...
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.