- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Social Stratification - Theories
The first 200 words of this essay...
Sociology: - Social Stratification
POST-CLASSICAL AND CONTEMPORARY THEORIES OF SOCIAL INEQUALITY
"Syntheses" of Marxian, Weberian, Structural-Functional Views
1. Ralf Dahrendorf
2. Gerhard Lenski
1. Nicos Poulantzas
2. Erik Olin Wright
1. Frank Parkin
2. Anthony Giddens
Race-Ethnicity, Religious, Language: Primordial Group Inequality
Culture-, Education-Based Inequality
Rational Choice ( also: Local Justice) Inequality
I. "Domestic" and General Inequality:
A. Material well-being, entitlement to and control of material rewards and resources
B. Safety and Security
C. Participation in society, social groups, power, influence - in nuclear and extended families, communities
D. Autonomy, self-determination, control of self, body
E. Control of others
F. Education, information
G. Symbolic rewards, resources; prestige, honor
II. "Public" and Labor Markety Inequality
A. Knowledge, information, graining
B. Occupational qualifications, attainment
C. Job seniority, career advancement
D. Earning and Income
E. Authority, autonomy, managerial opportunity vs. subordination,
III. Factors, Causes, Explanations, Issues
A. Structural-Functional Analysis: Role Differentiation
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- Discuss the difference between Quantitative and Qualitative ...
- The role of Women in today's society.
- Karl Marx and Max Weber have different views upon social cla...
- I have chosen questionnaire for my primary research method. ...
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.