- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The changinf role of women in society
The first 200 words of this essay...
The changing role and status of women in Britain since 1900
1. How useful is source A as evidence about attitudes to suffragettes in 1908?
I believe that source A is not very useful in giving evidence about people's attitudes towards the suffragettes. The source has some strength's and also many weaknesses. The picture shows Emmeline Pankhurst addressing a large crowd; this shows us that suffragettes did have support from large amounts of people, meaning a number of people had a very positive attitude towards the suffragettes and their cause. Although you cannot tell whether or not the crowd are supporters or opponents of the suffragettes it does show that many people were willing to listen to their ideas, may mean that many people were undecided on the suffragettes and their ideas. The other strength of the source is the fact it is primary evidence, meaning that nothing about this picture could have been changed down the years, however the fact that it is a picture limits the usefulness of the photo greatly. However there are also many weaknesses you can find from looking at source A. No exact date is given in the caption above the source,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Karl Marx and Max Weber have different views upon social cla...
- EXAMINE AND ACCOUNT FOR FAMILY DIVERSITY IN THE UK
- The role of Women in today's society.
- I have chosen questionnaire for my primary research method. ...
- Marxist views on the family.
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.