- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Horror and Sci-fi genres: General Theoretical Approaches.
- Essay length: 4052 words
- Submitted: 21/10/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
Aliens and Terminator II:
The changing nature of Family life in Contemporary Society
Gender and Society: Gender and Film
The Horror and Sci-fi genres: General Theoretical Approaches
From first attempts to transfer Horror fiction from the page to the silver screen, there have been moral panics in response to the horror genre. In 1973, "The Exorcist" (directed by William Friedkin, US, 1973) provoked outrage, and sections of the movie had to be removed in response to worldwide complaints and panic as to the overtly sexual and violent nature of it's content, not to mention accusations of religious blasphemy. Similarly, throughout the 1980s, there were campaigns against so-called 'video nasties'. Although no clear definition of the term 'video nasty', was ever agreed upon, it generally
Referred to examples of horror and pornography, and led to certain infamous films being banned in Britain for over a decade. Films such as "Zombie Flesh Eaters", "Driller-Killer", "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and others suffered such fates.
Due to actions such as this, both the Genres of Horror and Pornography have suffered similar fates; the cultural tag. These tags have led to a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Sociology (view all)
- Compare and contrast the Functionalist and Marxist views of ...
- Marxist views on the family.
- The essay will interpret inequalities in health among the su...
- Critically evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of qualitat...
- The Cultural Diversity of the Caribbean.
- Essay on Alienation
- Youth is just a biological stage" evaluate this claim
- Marriage is no longer important. Evaluate the arguments for ...
- All crime would be solved with longer prison sentences. Eval...
- Families fail in the socialisation of children Evaluate the ...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.