- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Health and Safety at ST Barts University
The first 200 words of this essay...
Health and Safety in St. Bart's and the London School of Medicine and Dentistry
In this piece of coursework, I am evaluating the Health and Safety system at my work experience placement at St. Barts University Whitechapel. I am hoping to establish whether the health and safety work legislation is effective in the laboratory situations.
In order to achieve my goal of assessing whether health and safety is effective at St. Barts University I shall:
* Be working as an assistant lab-technician in the Neurology sector with hazardous chemicals and dangerous equipment; I will therefore need to be familiar with - and follow - health and safety procedures by wearing correct lab-gear, being aware of the fire and bomb-threat procedures etc. (see Appendix 'A', job description).
* Investigate the effectiveness of the Health and Safety policy.
* Interview my health and safety inspector. (Appendix 'D')
* Distribute a questionnaire in the Neurology department to all fifty employees who work in the laboratories. (see Appendix 'E' and 'F')
* Look at government Health and Safety policies and compare St. Bart's to verify if their employees meet the requirements. http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/HealthAndSafetyAtWork/DG_4016686 (Appendix 'G')
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Work experience reports (view all)
- Are School Days The Best Days In Your Life
- Discuss the importance of children making choices in their p...
- My Work Experience Diary.
- what you learnt from your experience
- Work Experience Essay
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.