- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
To write a discursive essay which details the advantages and disadvantages of work experience.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Task Set: To write a discursive essay which details the advantages and disadvantages of work experience.
The work experience program was developed and introduced to school students as a means of providing teenagers with valuable experience of the world outside of school. This is considered particularly important at this stage as, after completing the GCSE syllabus many students will be thinking about moving into a career, and they may be surprised to find out just how different working life is to school life. The scheme usually lasts for a two week period and enables students to gain a first hand insight into the routine problems and challenges faced at work.
Developing your ability to work with adults as part of a team is a key skill which work experience identifies. By doing this you can help build your self-confidence and self-esteem. This also can help improve your maturity, initiative and decision making skills.
I have found that work experience helps to add meaning to your school studies and enables you to clearly distinguish which qualifications will become useful in later life.
Work experience can also provide opportunities for students to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Work experience reports (view all)
- citizenship coursework A - work experience
- Work Experience in the BMW plant in Oxford.
- My work experience was at Carlin Motorsport a F3 racing car ...
- My Work Experience Diary.
- Autobiography - original writing.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'