- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
The government insists upon every fourth year student completing a one week work experience. This is to give the pupils a taste of what working will be like when they leave school. Many of them will do this after having sat their standard grade exams, so it is very beneficial for those students in particular. I have recently completed my work experience at Glaxo SmithKline Beechams. I found my placement mainly by myself, although Mr Cook, the teacher in charge or work experience aided me in contacting them. In the following paragraph I shall give some basic factual information concerning my work experience.
I was working at Glaxo SmithKline Beechams, Irvine Plantation. It is a pharmaceuticals' plantation which makes the main ingredients in medicines such as Clavuanate, which in an antibiotic and Paroxetine, which is an anti-depressant. I was there from 2nd - 4th December. My working hours were from 08:30 - 16:30, however on the initial day I did not start until 09:00. The company had been preparing for my arrival. Transport to Beechams is awful. There are no buses or trains, consequently the only way to travel there is by car.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Work experience reports (view all)
- English Speech. Work Experience
- Discuss the importance of children making choices in their p...
- My Work Experience Report
- Personal Statement Medicine
- Work Experience to Crook Log Primary School
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo