- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Evaluation of Cultural, Social and Technological Diffusion in the Modern World
The first 200 words of this essay...
An Evaluation of Cultural, Social and
Technological Diffusion in the Modern World
When two different cultures come together, their better ideas, innovations and ideals tend to mesh into one another. It pertains mostly to technological advances that one people have on meeting another group, that this second group then learns of and takes advantage of. This happens invariably whenever two cultural groups interact for a sustained time; it is particularly acute when developed culture collides with a less developed one. Diffusion is the process of cultural integration by the mixing of ideas and objects. To some critics, this process is a destruction of smaller ethnic cultures and a loss of diversity, driving them to term it 'Cultural Contamination. The following are several specific cases in which such 'contamination' or diffusion has occurred, and an appraisal of its effect on the world.
The great cities in Africa are prime examples of diffusion. The cultural and ethnic diversity there spans a broad range. While the common people may still wash their clothing and get their drinking at a village or personal well, they can also be found talking on cell phones, which have become
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Anthropology (view all)
- Chinese Architecture. This Essay shortly describes the ancie...
- To what extent do individuals script their own lives and to ...
- A Demographic, Socioeconomic and Socio-political Evaluation ...
- Anthropology: Study Notes (Trobrianders)
- In Search of Respect Chapter 3 Handout
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.