- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
While each Greek meal is fresh and inviting, it is also a trip back through Greece's history. Because Greek food has had such a long living history, it has made its way all around the world and educated people on not just what they are eating, but also ho
- Essay length: 5141 words
- Submitted: 30/04/2012
The first 200 words of this essay...
Greek food can seem very overwhelming at first glance. With all the history behind the great nation of Greece and the culture that has developed behind it. Greek cooking offers an incredibly rich and diverse array of foods and beverages that are the culmination of literally thousands of years of living, cooking, and eating. While each Greek meal is fresh and inviting, it is also a trip back through Greece's history. Because Greek food has had such a long living history, it has made its way all around the world and educated people on not just what they are eating, but also how they are eating it. In American culture, we have taken time away from enjoying food and eating around the table, which is due to the lack of time or schedule, but in a Greek way of eating they encourage only eating with company and conversing. Eating for the Greek is not to live, but in more ways the Greek live to eat.
The Greek diet is the excellent example of traditional Mediterranean eating; it is made by kinds of colorful and tasteful foods which are high in nutrients and low in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Anthropology (view all)
- Evaluate social identity theory, making reference to relevan...
- A Demographic, Socioeconomic and Socio-political Evaluation ...
- Apply Functionalism and Structuralism to the Trobriander Isl...
- To what extent do individuals script their own lives and to ...
- Family Life in India, The Nuclear Family and the Effects of...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.