- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Biology IA - Investigation of the relationship between surface area and volume using different volume agar cube lab report
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Biology and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Candidate name: Ieva Drulyte
Investigation of the relationship between surface area and volume using different
volume cubes of agar being put into sodium hydroxide solution
D, DCP, CE
Aim: to investigate how the distance diffused by solution to agar cubes depends on cubes surface area and volume ratio.
Hypothesis: bigger surface area and volume ratio of agar cubes approaches the result of the entire agar cube being diffused.
Variables: the distance diffused by NaOH solution into the agar cube (dependent variable) will be measured by manipulating the size of agar cube (independent variable). The controlled variables are as follows:
Method to keep it constant
rate of diffusion
Accurate chronometer will be used
Experiment will take place at the same classroom
Amount of NaOH
Agar cubes will be put in the excess of NaOH
Concentration of NaOH
The same solution will be used in all trials
Concentration of agar cubes
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Biology (view all)
- affect of light intensity on rate of photosynthesis
- Photosynthesis and Light intensity
- : Hormone Levels During the Menstrual Cycle
- Biology: Lab report Germination
- Seed Germination Experiment. How would different levels of t...
- Explain how water moves from the soil into the plant
- Genetically Modified Food
- Are Viruses Alive?
- Ecological studies of rice (Oryzae Sativa) populations
- Monohybrid Crosses in Maize Cobs
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.