- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
TITLE : factors affecting rate of photosynthesis
Research question : What is the effect of light intensity on the rate of photosynthesis in Ananas Comosus leaf disc?
Photosynthesis is a chemical process whereby light energy is used to convert raw materials; water, carbon dioxide, to organic substances such as glucose and oxygen. Water vapour is also released to surrounding as waste product.
Photosynthesis can be summarized as following:
Carbon dioxide + water Glucose + Oxygen
However, the rate of photosynthesis can be higher or lower depending on the factors that affect them; light intensity, temperature, concentration of carbon dioxide. This process occurs in chloroplast because it contains abundant green pigments called chlorophyll. These pigments are found to be in any parts of the plants that is green, including the leaves.
Light intensity is one of the factors that largely affect photosynthesis because it is used to supply photons to the chlorophyll. When it reaches photosystems in chlorophyll, more electrons are excited and released to start off the process of photosynthesis. As a result, the rate of photosynthesis will increase gradually. When it reaches maximum point, the process will be constant.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Biology (view all)
- Biology: Lab report Germination
- affect of light intensity on rate of photosynthesis
- : Hormone Levels During the Menstrual Cycle
- Photosynthesis and Light intensity
- The Effect of Glucose Concentration on Anaerobic Respiration...
- Explain how water moves from the soil into the plant
- Genetically Modified Food
- Are Viruses Alive?
- Ecological studies of rice (Oryzae Sativa) populations
- Monohybrid Crosses in Maize Cobs
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.