- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Science fiction novels have always fascinated its readers by providing a futuristic scenario in which known technological advances flourishes and succeeds. Seeing today's constantly advancing genetic research, it is possible to believe that very soon we will arrive in that futuristic world.
Even though Darwin has proposed the theory of Natural Selection 150 years ago, his approved theory might perhaps be contradicted in the near future. Genetic Engineering has given us the opportunity to create our own selective pressures. The use of Vitro Fertilization allows humans to produce a large number of fertilized eggs and grow them inside of a vitro to selected for desirable traits. The egg with the traits most desired would then be chosen to implant in the mother. This means that future parents may in fact choose whether they want a boy or a girl, but also select the traits of the perfect child, one guaranteed to be without genetic diseases. Does this mean Darwin's theory could possibly become "Unnatural Selection"? It is a potentially harmful thing to do by changing the theory or coming up something that will disprove the theory. Natural Selection is a process that occurs
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Biology (view all)
- Sleep is a normal part of human life. Investigate the neurob...
- Biodiversity Investigation The aim of this investigation is ...
- : Hormone Levels During the Menstrual Cycle
- Biology: Lab report Germination
- affect of light intensity on rate of photosynthesis
- Explain how water moves from the soil into the plant
- Genetically Modified Food
- Are Viruses Alive?
- Ecological studies of rice (Oryzae Sativa) populations
- Monohybrid Crosses in Maize Cobs
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.