- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Investigating isotonic point of a potato
The first 200 words of this essay...
Investigating the Isotonic Point of a Potato
Aim: Finding the isotonic point of potato cells by testing it in different concentrations of salt water.
This diagram shows the movement of water through hypotonic, hypertonic and isotonic. But what are the arrangements of molecule for them? This is shown on this simple diagram.
Hypothesis: I believe the isotonic point will be around 0.25 mol. This is because I feel that the 0.1 solution will be too hypotonic. Therefore I believe at around 0.25 there will be little or no change in the mass of the potato because I'm predicting that this will be the isotonic point.
- Three potato slices were used for each solution so that more accurate results could have been obtained.
- All potatoes slices were of the same mass, this was done by using the same cork borer therefore the diameter was always constant so the volume would remain the same
- All potato slices were taken from one potato so the cells will be similar.
- The temperature will remain the same for all beakers.
- We will be using
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Biology (view all)
- Biology: Lab report Germination
- affect of light intensity on rate of photosynthesis
- Photosynthesis and Light intensity
- : Hormone Levels During the Menstrual Cycle
- The Effect of Glucose Concentration on Anaerobic Respiration...
- Explain how water moves from the soil into the plant
- Genetically Modified Food
- Are Viruses Alive?
- Ecological studies of rice (Oryzae Sativa) populations
- Monohybrid Crosses in Maize Cobs
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.