- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Lab of genetics.You will determine your phenotype and try to determine your genotype for the traits listed below.
The first 200 words of this essay...
* Determine your phenotype for several traits.
* Determine (as far as possible) your genotype for the same traits.
Procedures and Observations:
You will determine your phenotype and try to determine your genotype for the traits listed below. Remember, if you have a dominant trait, you may be homozygous or heterozygous fro that trait. If you know that one of your parents has the recessive trait, you must be heterozygous. If neither of your parents have the recessive trait, put a blank (_) for the unknown gene. If you possess the recessive trait, record it as the genotype, with two recessive genes.
* Free earlobes are dominant, L. people whose earlobes are attached directly to the side of the head have the recessive genotype, ll. Have your partner check your earlobes.
1. Record your phenotype and genotype in a table. (Remember that if you have the dominant trait, you may not be able to determine whether your genotype is homozygous or heterozygous, in that case, record L_ in the table. The blank means an unknown gene).
* Inheritance of eye color is controlled by multiple
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Biology (view all)
- EFFECT OF LIGHT INTENSITY ON THE GROWTH OF PLANT.
- Chromatography of photosynthetic pigments. Aim: To determin...
- Genetic Variation
- The effect of temperature on amylase activity
- Osmosis Internal Assessment (Biology)
- Explain how water moves from the soil into the plant
- Genetically Modified Food
- Are Viruses Alive?
- Ecological studies of rice (Oryzae Sativa) populations
- Monohybrid Crosses in Maize Cobs
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.