- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
LR Biology liver enzyme
The first 200 words of this essay...
LAB REPORT: BIOLOGY
Title: Cow liver catalase experiment.
Question: - Is there enzyme activity?
-How is the rate of the following reaction with a low temperature compared to a normal temperature?
2H2O2 (catalase as an enzyme) --> 2H2O + O2
Materials: 1000ml of distilled water, 50g of Cow liver, 1x Bunsen burner, 1x Thermometer, 1x Syringe (1 ml ± 0.1ml), Tap water, 1x Syringe needle, 50ml of water peroxide (10vol), 1x Stopwatch, 1x Erlenmeyer flask, 1x Measuring cylinder (ml ± 1 ml), 2x Water bath, 1x Thin rubber tube.
Independent: Time (by stopwatch, ± 3s)
Dependent: Amount of O2 released
Controlled: Concentration of catalase solution (50g blended in 1000ml of distilled water), amount and concentration of Water Peroxide (50ml, 10vol), amount of catalase added (1ml in syringe ± 0.1ml), initial temperature of the catalase solution, Temperature ± 1ºC, data values (by the same observer with equal/indifferent criteria of judging).
Not controlled: Amount of tap water added and number of ice cubes.
- A solution of 50g of catalase per 1000ml of water was prepared.
- The Erlenmeyer flask was placed inside a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Biology (view all)
- Biology: Lab report Germination
- affect of light intensity on rate of photosynthesis
- Photosynthesis and Light intensity
- : Hormone Levels During the Menstrual Cycle
- The Effect of Glucose Concentration on Anaerobic Respiration...
- Explain how water moves from the soil into the plant
- Genetically Modified Food
- Are Viruses Alive?
- Ecological studies of rice (Oryzae Sativa) populations
- Monohybrid Crosses in Maize Cobs
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.