- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Seed germination experiment. Aim: To investigate the following factors affecting seed germination (warmth, water, light, air)
The first 200 words of this essay...
Victor Vildé 10 may 2010
To investigate the following factors affecting seed germination (warmth, water, light, air)
The seeds with all the factors will be the best developed. I think the grains without water, air and warmth will not grow because seeds need water and warmth to be activated and they need oxygen to develop. The seeds without light will grow but it will not have a green colour because the plants need light to make photosynthesis.
Constant: cotton wall, surface area of the boiling tube, water, light, air.
Independent variable: warmth
Dependent variable: seeds germination
IV) Laboratory apparatus:
* 5 Boiling tubes to put the seeds in a special environment with different factors (no warmth (1), no water (2), no light (3), no air(4), Control (5))
* Boiling tube rack: to hold the boiling tube while we are preparing the experiment
We put five boiling tube in a boiling tube rack. In the five boiling tube we put a cotton wall at the bottom with 10 seeds on it.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Biology (view all)
- Osmosis Internal Assessment (Biology)
- An experiment to determine the effect of caffeine on heart r...
- Biology HL IA - Photosynthesis of elodea lab report
- Neurology and Behaviour. Focus question: Is there an increa...
- The Effect of Glucose Concentration on Anaerobic Respiration...
- Urinalysis Lab. From analyzing the different urine samples c...
- Syphilis, a disease that is considered to be extremely conta...
- Explain how water moves from the soil into the plant
- Genetically Modified Food
- Are Viruses Alive?
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.