- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Seed germination experiment. Aim: To investigate the following factors affecting seed germination (warmth, water, light, air)
The first 200 words of this essay...
Victor Vildé 10 may 2010
To investigate the following factors affecting seed germination (warmth, water, light, air)
The seeds with all the factors will be the best developed. I think the grains without water, air and warmth will not grow because seeds need water and warmth to be activated and they need oxygen to develop. The seeds without light will grow but it will not have a green colour because the plants need light to make photosynthesis.
Constant: cotton wall, surface area of the boiling tube, water, light, air.
Independent variable: warmth
Dependent variable: seeds germination
IV) Laboratory apparatus:
* 5 Boiling tubes to put the seeds in a special environment with different factors (no warmth (1), no water (2), no light (3), no air(4), Control (5))
* Boiling tube rack: to hold the boiling tube while we are preparing the experiment
We put five boiling tube in a boiling tube rack. In the five boiling tube we put a cotton wall at the bottom with 10 seeds on it.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Biology (view all)
- Osmosis Lab. What is the effect of concentration of blackcu...
- Osmosis Internal Assessment (Biology)
- Experiment to investigate the effect of different antibiotic...
- IB BIOLOGY INTERNAL POTATO OSMOSIS
- The effect of light intensity on cyclosis on Elodea leaf cel...
- A study of the PH levels of different types of soap
- A study of the soil percolation rates of various soil sample...
- What is the effect of different concentration of salt soluti...
- "Genome" by Matt Ridley review
- The Light Dependent Reactions of Photosynthesis
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.