- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
When does childhood obesity become abuse? Obesity is plaguing Americas children with a multitude of health problems
The first 200 words of this essay...
September 22, 2011
The Explatory Paper
When does childhood obesity become abuse? Obesity is plaguing America's children with a multitude of health problems -- now there's a new risk to be added to the list: shorter life expectancy. For the first time in history, the next generation will not live longer, or even as long, as their parents. Where do we as a country draw the line? How long do we allow parents to slowly kill their children without consequences? A shocking case out of South Carolina might hold the key to new laws, as a mother of a 555 pond 14 year old, was indicted on criminal charges of child neglect.
"Diseases such as Type II diabetes, high blood pressure, heart conditions and joint deterioration - what were once considered 'adult' diseases - are regularly being diagnosed in children, due to the prevalence of obesity," said Jessica Bartfield, MD, internal medicine and medical weight-loss specialist at Gottlieb Memorial Hospital, part of the Loyola University Health System. When and where are we going to draw the line between poor choices and out right abuse. "So many
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Biology (view all)
- EFFECT OF LIGHT INTENSITY ON THE GROWTH OF PLANT.
- affect of light intensity on rate of photosynthesis
- Biology: Lab report Germination
- Photosynthesis and Light intensity
- Chromatography of photosynthetic pigments. Aim: To determin...
- Explain how water moves from the soil into the plant
- Genetically Modified Food
- Are Viruses Alive?
- Ecological studies of rice (Oryzae Sativa) populations
- Monohybrid Crosses in Maize Cobs
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.