- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Chemistry IA design format
The first 200 words of this essay...
1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3
1.0.1- Focus Question- If the mass of magnesium reacted with hydrochloric acid is changed will the temperature of the solution increase and the total mass decrease.
1.0.2- Hypothesis- If the mass of magnesium that is reacted with hydrochloric acid is changed the temperature of the solution will increase and the total mass will decrease.
1.0.3- Theory- The reaction between magnesium and hydrochloric reaction is written as follows, Mg(s)+ 2HCL (aq)------ (MgCl2(aq)+H2 (g) (Ng, 2008, pg 1). This reaction goes through two distinct changes that both have an effect on the energy change in the reaction. Enthalpy refers to changes in energy in a compound (Assut, 2008, pg 1). Two distinct changes can occur. An endothermic change occurs when the energy being absorbed is grater then the energy being released whereas and exothermic change is when the energy being released is greater than the energy being absorbed.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Chemistry (view all)
- Reactivity series for common metals experiment.
- Validating Hess's law
- Experiment - The Empirical Formula of Magnesium Oxide
- Enthalpy Change Design Lab (6/6)How does changing the initia...
- Enthalpy of Combustion of Alcohols Lab
- Electrochemical cell lab Aim :- To find out the feasibility ...
- IA-Enthalpy Change of Reaction - Zinc and Copper Sulphate.
- Design -How does the surface area of Calcium carbonate (CaCO...
- Determining the relationship between the pressure and volume...
- Investigation of reversible reactions at equilibrium - CuCl2...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.