- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Genetically Modified Food
The first 200 words of this essay...
Genetically Modified Foods
The modern technologies have opened many gates for us to improve our lifestyle. The infrastructure has evolved and is rapidly expanding in many countries. As the city grows, the food production decreases as the agricultural lands are used to expand the city. Scientists have found a new technology with which they can modify food and food products and add any desired trait by altering the gene with any other organism with such a gene. Such crops are called Genetically Modified Foods (GMF).
Long time ago genetic modification was done differently. It was done by growing two types of crops together and when they cross pollinate, they acquire the trait. This method was slow and risky because the traits weren't controlled. The crop would acquire some other trait instead of the one required. Many yields were destroyed to get the desired trait. There were also many limitations in terms of variety of traits as there could be only genes from other plants but now the days have changed. Now GM is done under control. Now GM crops yield better and more favorable crops. Scientists now insert only the required trait and avoiding wastage
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Chemistry (view all)
- Equilibrium Lab - Restoring Balance. The solubility of i...
- Energetics Design Lab
- IB chemistry revision notes
- The purpose of this investigation is to determine the effect...
- Lab report - Determine the Empirical Formula of Magnesium Ox...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.