- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
IB questions and answers on Atomic Theory
The first 200 words of this essay...
IBHL CHEMISTRY I - UNIT 2 PROBLEM SET (TOPICS 2 AND 3) Name: _____________
TOPIC 2 - Atomic Theory
1. What is the atomic number? What information does it provide? # of protons in the nucleus
2. What is the mass number? How is this different from atomic mass? # of neutrons + # of protons for one isotope of one particular atom - atomic mass is the weighted average mass for all of an element's isotopes
3. According to the most current model of the atom, describe the location, charge, and relative mass of protons, neutrons and electrons. A labeled diagram may help.
4. Define isotope. isotopes of an element have the same number of protons but a different number of neutrons; they describe how an element can occur with a variety of mass numbers (same number of protons, but different mass numbers)
5. Four elements are described below:
# of protons
# of neutrons
# of electrons
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Chemistry (view all)
- Experiment - The Empirical Formula of Magnesium Oxide
- Calculating the specific heat of a metal
- Tetraamminecopper(II) sulphate hydrate
- Disappearing cross experiment
- Reactivity series for common metals experiment.
- Electrochemical cell lab Aim :- To find out the feasibility ...
- IA-Enthalpy Change of Reaction - Zinc and Copper Sulphate.
- Design -How does the surface area of Calcium carbonate (CaCO...
- Determining the relationship between the pressure and volume...
- Investigation of reversible reactions at equilibrium - CuCl2...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.