- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Chemistry 10 Block H
May 18, 2010
Marie Curie: Radioactivity and X rays
Marie Curie was born Marie Sklodowska on November 7th, 1867. She was born in Warsaw, Poland ("Marie Curie - Biography" par 1). Curie received her education from local schools; but her knowledge of science from her father. She obtained "Licentiateships in Physics and the Mathematical Sciences" from Sorbonne University, in Paris ("Marie Curie - Biography" par 1). Curie also received her Doctor of Science degree at Sorbonne as well. Marie Curie married Professor Pierre Curie after meeting him during university. The two wed within the year that they met. ("Marie Curie - Biography" par 1).
Marie Curie, with the help of her husband Pierre Curie, and with past discoveries of Antoine Becquerel, discovered radioactivity, which explained the creation of the x ray. It first started off with Antoine Becquerel, a French physicist. "Becquerel was familiar with the work of Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen," which were the photographs that Roentgen had taken (Peters and Slowiczek par 3). These photographs were unique in their kind. One of the photographs that were taken was one of his wife's hands,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Chemistry (view all)
- Chemistry Lab- Determining enthalpy change of a reaction. ...
- Titration of Na2CO3.xH2O with HCl
- Chemistry Lab Report- Determining the Enthalpy of Enthalpy C...
- Design Lab-Voltaic Cell
- Electrochemical cells - investigate the effect of the temper...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.