- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Rate of Reaction sodium thiosulphate
The first 200 words of this essay...
Rate of Reaction Investigation with Sulphuric acid and Sodium thiosulphate
Aim: The aim of this is investigation is evaluating an aspect that affects the rate of reaction between sodium thiosulphate and sulphuring acid reaction.
Hypothesis: I predict that when the concentration of sulphuric is increased and all volumes are kept the same, the rate of reaction for the reaction will increase because increasing the concentration of a reactant increases the rate of the reaction. There are more collisions as there are more particles in closer proximity when higher concentrations are present.
How they will be controlled
The amount of time taken between the changes of concentrations of sulphuric acid.
Different concentrations of Sulphuric acid will be observed by diluting it with water in a 10ml measuring cylinder. Concentrations are changed for every 0.2 M concentrations.
The amount of time for the reaction to take place until the marked cross disappears due to the cloudy being formed.
The stopwatch will be started once the sulphuric acid is added immediately to the sodium thiosulphate.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Chemistry (view all)
- Enthalpy Change Design Lab (6/6)How does changing the initia...
- Lab report - Determine the Empirical Formula of Magnesium Ox...
- Acids/Bases Design Lab. How does a change in the pH value of...
- Acid Base Titration Lab Report. The purpose of this experim...
- Determining the of the Effect of the Concentration of Na2S2O...
- Electrochemical cell lab Aim :- To find out the feasibility ...
- IA-Enthalpy Change of Reaction - Zinc and Copper Sulphate.
- Design -How does the surface area of Calcium carbonate (CaCO...
- Determining the relationship between the pressure and volume...
- Investigation of reversible reactions at equilibrium - CuCl2...
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.