- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Rate of Reaction sodium thiosulphate
The first 200 words of this essay...
Rate of Reaction Investigation with Sulphuric acid and Sodium thiosulphate
Aim: The aim of this is investigation is evaluating an aspect that affects the rate of reaction between sodium thiosulphate and sulphuring acid reaction.
Hypothesis: I predict that when the concentration of sulphuric is increased and all volumes are kept the same, the rate of reaction for the reaction will increase because increasing the concentration of a reactant increases the rate of the reaction. There are more collisions as there are more particles in closer proximity when higher concentrations are present.
How they will be controlled
The amount of time taken between the changes of concentrations of sulphuric acid.
Different concentrations of Sulphuric acid will be observed by diluting it with water in a 10ml measuring cylinder. Concentrations are changed for every 0.2 M concentrations.
The amount of time for the reaction to take place until the marked cross disappears due to the cloudy being formed.
The stopwatch will be started once the sulphuric acid is added immediately to the sodium thiosulphate.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Chemistry (view all)
- Acids/Bases Design Lab. How does a change in the pH value of...
- Design Lab-Voltaic Cell
- Oxalic Acid Titration Lab
- Calcium Carbonate and Hydrochloric Acid
- How Temperature affects the Rate of Dissolving Lab
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.