- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Rates of Reaction Lab
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Chemistry and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Rate of Reaction Design Experiment
Effect of concentration on the rate of reaction between a metal and an acid
In chemistry, chemical kinetics is the study of the factors affecting the rate of a chemical reaction. By definition, rate is the increase in the concentration of one of the products per unit time or decrease in the concentration of one of the reactants per unit time. Many factors trigger the rate of reaction, such as concentration, surface area and temperature. I will investigate the effect of concentration on the rate of reaction between a metal, zinc (Zn), and an acid, hydrochloric acid (HCl). According to the collision theory and based on my experimental results, I will prove my following hypothesis to either be correct or incorrect in theory.
To investigate the effect of concentration of HCl on the rate of reaction of zinc (Zn)) by measuring the volume of hydrogen produced.
As the concentration of the hydrochloric acid (HCl) is increased, the rate of reaction per unit time will increase up to a certain concentration too, until
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Chemistry (view all)
- Bomb calorimetry. The goal of this experiment was to use te...
- Electrochemical cells - investigate the effect of the temper...
- Ammonium Chloride Enthalpy Lab. Data Collection and Process...
- Enthalpy Change Design Lab (6/6)How does changing the initia...
- Design Lab-Voltaic Cell
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.