- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Reaction Rate Investigation
The first 200 words of this essay...
Reaction Rate Investigation-
The reaction rate is the rate of which the reactant reacts with the reactor.
We will measure the rate of reaction by measuring the volume of gas let off by the reaction.
In order to find the average rate I will use the equation below.
The aim of this investigation is to find how the surface area effects the reaction rate in the reaction between calcium chloride and hydrochloric acid.
I think that with a greater surface area(smaller particles) the acid will react quicker.
I think this because of the collision theory. In the collision theory it states that in order for two substances to react together they must collide with each other and they must have enough energy.
The concentration of the acid
Rate of reaction (volume of gas)
Volume of HCL (1 mol l-1)
Temp. (room temp)
Mass of Calcium Carbonate(2.5g)
Volume of Dilute HCL (50 cm3)
Time (40 seconds)
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Chemistry (view all)
- IB chemistry revision notes
- How does the change in temperature affect the rate of reacti...
- Investigating Solutions. In this experiment the effect of co...
- Chemistry Lab- Determining enthalpy change of a reaction. ...
- THE CATALYTIC DECOMPOSITION OF HYDROGEN PEROXIDE
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.