- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Surface area vs Rate of Reaction
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Effect of the Particle Size on the Rate of Reaction
CaCO3 (s) + 2HCl(aq) --> H2O (l) + CO2 (g) + CaCl(aq)
Methods of Measurement
Size and Surface area of the CaCO3 particle; in chip of approximately 3x3x3 mm in size or in powder form.
Pre-measured. Materials are given.
Volume of gas produced in 3 minutes measured by the graduated glass collecting tube
Using a graduated glass collecting tube. The gas produced will push the water out of the tube and the volume of gas can be read on the tube
Why it must be controlled? How could it impact the results?
How it will be controlled
Condition of where the CaCO3 and HCl are kept
Different conditions of the CaCO3 will result in different inaccurate measurement when the experiment is carry out, some CaCO3 might have been kept at different temperature, which would alter the amount of energy they have, thus changing their collision potential with HCl molecules
Both the powder and the chip CaCO3 and HCl solution must be kept in the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Chemistry (view all)
- Rate of reaction of Magnesium with Hydrochloric acid
- Vitamin C in Fruit Juices
- Acids/Bases Design Lab. How does a change in the pH value of...
- Design Lab, HCl + Marble chips
- Rates of Reaction Lab
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.