- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Titration experiment. Standardization of hydrochloric acid using sodium carbonate.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Name : AMirul SYafiq
Title : Standardization of hydrochloric acid using sodium carbonate.
a) dependant : Volume of hydrochloric acid.
b) independant : The colour of the solution.
1) Preparation of the dilute HCl.
a) Rough molarities:11M
b) Volume in the measuring cylinder : 2.0 + 0.1cm³
c) Volume in the volumetric flask : 250 + 0.25cm³
2) Preparation of the Na2CO3 solution.
a) Mass of pure Na2CO3 : 1.329 + 0.0001g
b) Volume in the volumetric flask : 250 + 0.25 cm³
c) Volume of the pipette solution : 25 + 0.03cm³
Data collection :
Initial burette reading (cm³) + 0.05cm³
Final burette reading (cm³) + 0.05cm³
Volume of HCl used (cm³) + 0.05cm³
Observation : The colour indicator in the Na2CO3 solution changes from yellow to orange.
Data processing :
Gross volume of HCl used :
20.7 + 20.6 + 20.2 =
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Chemistry (view all)
- Reactivity series for common metals experiment.
- Validating Hess's law
- Experiment - The Empirical Formula of Magnesium Oxide
- Enthalpy Change Design Lab (6/6)How does changing the initia...
- The rate of reaction between sodium thiosulfate and hydrochl...
- Electrochemical cell lab Aim :- To find out the feasibility ...
- IA-Enthalpy Change of Reaction - Zinc and Copper Sulphate.
- Design -How does the surface area of Calcium carbonate (CaCO...
- Determining the relationship between the pressure and volume...
- Investigation of reversible reactions at equilibrium - CuCl2...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.