- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Comparing "Romeo and Juliet" and "Macbeth".
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Drama and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
DA1118 STAGING POSTS (2010-2011)
For this essay I decided to select one the most famous writers in the world, Shakespeare, and two of his best-known plays, Romeo and Juliet and Macbeth. Around 1590 he started to work as a play-wright in London. Shakespeare then become one of the most famous writers in England and in part of the world. During his career he lived to reigns the one of Elizabeth I and James I (Enotes, 2011. Shakespeares biography.[online] Available at: http://www.enotes.com/william-shakespeare/shakespeare-biography [Access on 18 may 2011] ).
The two plays were written practically at the same period of time Romeo and Juliet was said to be written in 1954 the year in which King Henry the IV was crowned in France. While Macbeth was written and played for the first time in 1606 the year in which England, country in which Shakespeare lived in, agreed in adopting the Union Jack as its flag (Grade saver, 2010.http://www.gradesaver.com/romeoandjuliet/ [Access on 18 May 2011]).
Macbeth as I said wrote before was written in 1606, practically at the start of James I reign. James I was a supporter of Shakespeare's acting company and the story of Macbeth reflects
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Drama (view all)
- Research Investigation: commedia dell'arte masks. It is bel...
- Ibu usman awang
- Symbols employed in "The American Beauty" and thei...
- Death of a Salesman Act One Plot Overview
- In this portfolio I will take you on the journey which I mys...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.