- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Lack of Self Knowledge in Mad Shadows
The first 200 words of this essay...
(Lack of) self-knowledge
town." (Blais 15)
Journey to self-knowledge
No stopping fate, cannot get off train after it has parted until you reach your destination
"He watched in silence and did not understand, but his idiot face was so dazzling that it made on think of genius." (Blais 15)
Silence - Patrice's idiocy, nothing behind his pretty face
"The blond child followed indolently, his head resting against his mother's elbow." (Blais 17)
Simply follows mother, a guide leading him to vanity
"He cried when he was told to, responded to her tenderness without knowing shy. He had never discovered anything, not even his mother's love, or Isabelle's jealousy." (Blais 18)
Lack of self-knowledge. He is an idiot, cannot discover anything about himself. Without a soul, no identity, a doll, no self.
"He was destined to know nothing but his own beauty. This he discovered." (Blais 18)
Vanity, won't make further discovery as for his self, identity, will not have a soul
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Drama (view all)
- Research Investigation: commedia dell'arte masks. It is bel...
- Teen angst monologue
- Comparing "Romeo and Juliet" and "Macbeth&quo...
- Theme of Phoenix in Fahrenheit 451
- Betrayal and Revenge in Medea
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.