- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Field Study Geo
- Essay length: 3116 words
- Submitted: 08/11/2008
The first 200 words of this essay...
Field Study - Richmond Land Use Pattern Studies
Aims and Hypotheses
Throughout Richmond, there are many different areas used for different purposes, ranging from farming, residential areas, business areas, and even wholesale areas. In order to find out how the lands are specifically used our research group was sent out through different areas in Richmond to record data and inspect what kind of buildings were used for what purpose. After researching the areas in Richmond, the research group and I were able to identify a land use pattern in Richmond which was quite distinct. With Minoru and Richmond center and the surrounding areas we are able to conclude that the CBD area is around Richmond Center. The pattern we had found had shown that the CBD area has residential areas focused nearby and even near the downtown areas closer to Lansdowne. In the residential areas, there are also many services, such as firms, or dental offices allowing the residents easy access to them without having to travel a long distance compared to travelling down the block. Throughout Richmond, there is beginning to have a larger amount of construction taking place, In the CBD area and even in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Geography (view all)
- Economic growth vs the Environment
- Examine the causes and the effects of biodiversity loss in t...
- Malthus got it right-we are doomed?
- Describe and explain weathering in desert environments (15 M...
- Population in Brazil
- Explain what is meant by cultural imperialism.
- Why do China and Hong Kong have an ageing population? What i...
- Climate change notes
- Urbanization and Land Use in New York City
- Discuss the Effects of Globalisation
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.