- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Using the 2000 population census, discuss Ghanas population structure bringing out the demographic and socio-economic implication.
The first 200 words of this essay...
STATS & ACTUARIAL SCIENCE 3
TAY FRANCIS TENNYSON 9719806
BUSUMTWI EMMNAUEL 9700006
APPIAH EMMANUEL KWEKU 9697906
Using the 2000 population census, discuss Ghana's population structure bringing out the demographic and socio-economic implication.
2000 POPULATION AND HOUSING CENSUS OF GHANA
The 2000 Population and Housing Census (PHC) of Ghana was forth post independence Population Census in Ghana. The earlier 3 post independence censuses did not collect detailed information on housing. The 2000 Population and Housing Census was therefore the first time Ghana collected information on both population and housing.
The 2000 Population and Housing Census started on midnight of 26th March 2000. 26th March 2000 was therefore the census night. The process lasted for 3 weeks.
Ghana's population can be described as a stationary one since it has a moderate proportion of children and aged persons with slow growth rate. Specifically, during the 2000 Population and Housing Census, it was identified that Ghana has about 40% of its population being children under 15years and 3% above 65years meaning that majority of the population lies with 15 and 65 years. Since there are more adults in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Geography (view all)
- Evaluation of the industrial revolution
- Somalian Famine. There is no such thing as an apolitical fo...
- The Aral Sea
- Examine the strategies used in the transfer of capital betwe...
- Aral Sea Case Study
- Explain what is meant by cultural imperialism.
- Why do China and Hong Kong have an ageing population? What i...
- Climate change notes
- Urbanization and Land Use in New York City
- Discuss the Effects of Globalisation
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.