- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Causes of WWI and WWII
The first 200 words of this essay...
Outline: Causes of WWI and WWII
WWI and WWII were horrific wars both fought on unprecedented scale and resulting in unprecedented casualties. The causes of such en masse slaughters of both soldiers' and civilians', but nonetheless human, lives are more similar between the two catastrophes than they are different. The ideological causes of the two conquests are similar for the most part and imperialism and nationalism of the countries involved along with the special role Germany played. However, the differences arise when the actual circumstances, triggers, alliances, and foreign policies of the countries participants of WWI and WWII are contrasted.
* Imperialism: For WWI, imperialism played a significant role in raising the friction between Britain, France, Germany, and Austria-Hungary. The colonial aims of these countries often ran counter to the other and thus conflicts, tensions at the very least, ensued. For example, the Boer War fought between Germany and Britain was a direct result of conflicting aims of the two countries in the region. Furthermore, the Morocco Crisis 1911 was a conflict between Germany and France again resulting due to conflicting colonial aims. The Balkan conflict between A-H and Russia as the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- The End of the Cold War.
- Cold War Study Guide - Compare/contrast the Vietnam War poli...
- To what extent was the alliance system responsible for the o...
- History Paper 3: Origins of the Cold War
- Compare and Contrast the Policies of Alexander II and Alexan...
- Outline the reasons for the rise of Chinese Nationalism afte...
- To what extent were the social changes in Germany between 18...
- I generally disagree that "the Six Day War shocked the ...
- Analyse the reason for, and the nature of, opposition to tsa...
- Compare and contrast the causes and nature of the February a...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.