- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Creative writing. Letters from the trenches.
The first 200 words of this essay...
469 British road
May 5th , 1915
Sorry Joe I know that didn't write to you in a long time bet I really needed a friend
to talk to because last week I finally made up mind to join the army and go off to fight in this war. It all started when we were at the market with dad. The recruiting officer was talking about how all the fit young men had a duty to join the army, since it was a duty to help the mother country defeat the enemies. It was only going to be a short war about six months, He said, and even dad said I should go. Besides at least my life would be more exciting than farming day-in and day-out.
Next day, after I said all my tearful goodbyes to my family, we boarded a train for the recruitment camp. When we arrived we soon realised that it was not as great as we all expected it to be. Not only there was very little water but the water was very filthy and even worst there were not enough tents for
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- Comparing Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece
- To what extent was Germany responsible for the failure of th...
- Investigation: The Cuban Missile Crisis as a Thaw in the Col...
- Causes of the Spanish Civil War
- The Treaty of Versailles vs. The Treaty of Vienna. Both the ...
- The Seven Wonders Of The Ancient World - A.W.
- How far do you agree that the origins of the Cold War in 194...
- The Algerian War Start Date: 1954 End Date: 1962
- Aboriginal Human Rights and Canadian History
- A look at the Differing Views of Jimmy Hoffa by the Governme...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo