- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Goebbels contribution to germany
The first 200 words of this essay...
"As far as Goebbels was concerned, the main purpose of the regime was to capture hearts and minds; the purpose of terror was to deal with those whom the regime had not reached or who had been cast out as an undesirable minority."
Discuss the validity of this statement.
President Hindenburg appointed Hitler Chancellor of Germany on January 30th 1933, having successfully campaigned to make the Nazis the most popular party. He had been legally elected and chosen to form a government. Hitler was a great orator and through his oratory skills and his ideology of Lebensraum he decided to unify all Germans and continue the superiority of the Aryan race while capturing more territory for the Germans to live in and spread the word of Nazi philosophy through various tools and techniques. To manage his propaganda Hitler appointed Joseph Goebbels his dear friend as the Minister of propaganda and enlightenment of the people in 1933 after Hitler rose to the post of Chancellor.
Goebbels knew that it was necessary to capture the minds and the hearts of the German people if Nazi philosophy was to thrive and revenge to the unfair Treaty of Versailles be
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- According to Machiavelli, what qualities should the ideal Pr...
- The League of Nations was unable to enforce its policies or ...
- To what extent was the alliance system responsible for the o...
- Examine the impact of foreign intervention on the Spanish Ci...
- Compare and Contrast the causes of World War I and World War...
- Life in the Past - tzi and Hatchepsut
- Pre history study notes
- How Important Was Ideology in Starting the Cold War?
- IB History HL, Extended Notes: Russia, the Tsars, the Provis...
- IB, Paper 1: USSR under Stalin, 1924-1941. Analysis of sour...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.