- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Israeli- Palestinian Conflict. I chose this topic due to my personal connection with the Palestinian- Israeli conflict. My grandparents, who were born and raised in Palestine, were forced to relocate and move the neighboring country of Jordan in order to
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Israeli- Palestinian conflict dates back to 1917, when the Balfour Declaration was issued by Britain to the Jews, promising them land in the already-occupied, predominantly-Muslim nation of Palestine1. The indigenous Arabs were not pleased by the influx of Jewish immigrants who were taking their land, and violence ensued. I chose this topic due to my personal connection with the Palestinian- Israeli conflict. My grandparents, who were born and raised in Palestine, were forced to relocate and move the neighboring country of Jordan in order to escape the Palestinian Israeli War of 1948. They had to completely rebuild their lives and start over due to the fighting. It is easy for us here in the United States to grow apathetic to this issue since it does not affect a huge number of people and has spanned over such a long period of time, yet it is still very much going on today. To this day, Palestinians and Israelis alike are being killed over border disputes. Violence in the region has spanned over centuries, and it is a failure of humanity for the inability to produce a solution that will help these two groups of people co-exist peacefully.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- League of Nations
- The League of Nations was unable to enforce its policies or ...
- According to Machiavelli, what qualities should the ideal Pr...
- The League of Nations was a failure. How far do you agree wi...
- Compare and Contrast the Policies of Alexander II and Alexan...
- Life in the Past - tzi and Hatchepsut
- Pre history study notes
- How Important Was Ideology in Starting the Cold War?
- IB History HL, Extended Notes: Russia, the Tsars, the Provis...
- IB, Paper 1: USSR under Stalin, 1924-1941. Analysis of sour...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.