- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Israeli- Palestinian Conflict. I chose this topic due to my personal connection with the Palestinian- Israeli conflict. My grandparents, who were born and raised in Palestine, were forced to relocate and move the neighboring country of Jordan in order to
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Israeli- Palestinian conflict dates back to 1917, when the Balfour Declaration was issued by Britain to the Jews, promising them land in the already-occupied, predominantly-Muslim nation of Palestine1. The indigenous Arabs were not pleased by the influx of Jewish immigrants who were taking their land, and violence ensued. I chose this topic due to my personal connection with the Palestinian- Israeli conflict. My grandparents, who were born and raised in Palestine, were forced to relocate and move the neighboring country of Jordan in order to escape the Palestinian Israeli War of 1948. They had to completely rebuild their lives and start over due to the fighting. It is easy for us here in the United States to grow apathetic to this issue since it does not affect a huge number of people and has spanned over such a long period of time, yet it is still very much going on today. To this day, Palestinians and Israelis alike are being killed over border disputes. Violence in the region has spanned over centuries, and it is a failure of humanity for the inability to produce a solution that will help these two groups of people co-exist peacefully.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- Comparing Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece
- To what extent was Germany responsible for the failure of th...
- Causes of the Spanish Civil War
- Investigation: The Cuban Missile Crisis as a Thaw in the Col...
- The Treaty of Versailles vs. The Treaty of Vienna. Both the ...
- The Seven Wonders Of The Ancient World - A.W.
- How far do you agree that the origins of the Cold War in 194...
- The Algerian War Start Date: 1954 End Date: 1962
- Aboriginal Human Rights and Canadian History
- A look at the Differing Views of Jimmy Hoffa by the Governme...
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.