- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Latin American History-Why did independence strengthen the landed aristocracy and the military?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Question 1- Analyze the causes of the economic stagnation that afflicted many of the new states following independence.
There were a number of causes for economic stagnation after independence. While some nations such as Brazil, Chile, and Argentina found economic prosperity in industry such as coffee, metal, and hides, many other nations failed to return to the economic success they had before their independence was gained. Some of these nations are: Bolivia, Peru, and Mexico. These specific nations were mostly dependent on mining for economic balance; however, after they gained independence they lost much of their mining capacity. This in turn broke their economies. The causes for economic stagnation after independence included: the failure to gain foreign investment, and the catastrophe of not redistributing income and land throughout each nation.
After many of the Latin American nations gained their independence from Spain and Portugal (Brazil), they believed that many foreign nations would begin to trade with Latin America and bring a great amount of their own capital. However, this did not occur as planned due to the chaotic political system that was in control of many of the newly free Latin American countries and also due
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- Causes of the Spanish Civil War
- Was the Tsar to blame for his own downfall?
- The End of the Cold War.
- Why did the Second Spanish Republic Fail?
- Discuss the successes and failures of Henry I as king of Eng...
- The Seven Wonders Of The Ancient World - A.W.
- How far do you agree that the origins of the Cold War in 194...
- The Algerian War Start Date: 1954 End Date: 1962
- Aboriginal Human Rights and Canadian History
- A look at the Differing Views of Jimmy Hoffa by the Governme...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.