- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Porfirio Diaz History IB. The year of 1910 saw the 80th birthday of Jos de la Cruz Porfirio Diaz, president of Mexico and its dictator for more than 30 years.
The first 200 words of this essay...
History HL - IB
Ivan Camilo Martin - German Gallo
The year of 1910 saw the 80th birthday of José de la Cruz Porfirio Diaz, president of Mexico and its dictator for more than 30 years. He was born in Oaxaca, Mexico, from a mestizo blood and humble family. His early years were filled with economic hardship and tragedy, for instance his father died when he was just three years old, leaving the family impoverished and hopeless. Nonetheless, Porfirio Diaz' mother named Petrona Mori, constantly struggling to raise 8 children on her own, recognized the importance of any kind of education and enrolled Porfirio in a seminary. He was educated for the Catholic Church, a body having immense influence in the country at the time and ordering and controlling revolutions by the strength given by their filled coffers.
However, Porfirio Diaz' destiny lay in the world of temporal affairs. He switched his studies from the priesthood to law in the Institute of Science and Art. Known to be a diligent student, he was influenced and inspired by a remarkable figure in the Mexican society and one of his tutors named Benito Juarez, future
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- To what extent was the alliance system responsible for the o...
- Christianity Islam DBQ
- How similar were Hitler and Stalin ?
- Compare and contrast the causes of the First World War and t...
- According to Machiavelli, what qualities should the ideal Pr...
- Outline the reasons for the rise of Chinese Nationalism afte...
- To what extent were the social changes in Germany between 18...
- I generally disagree that "the Six Day War shocked the ...
- Analyse the reason for, and the nature of, opposition to tsa...
- Compare and contrast the causes and nature of the February a...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.