- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Porfirio Diaz History IB. The year of 1910 saw the 80th birthday of Jos de la Cruz Porfirio Diaz, president of Mexico and its dictator for more than 30 years.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to History and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
History HL - IB
Ivan Camilo Martin - German Gallo
The year of 1910 saw the 80th birthday of José de la Cruz Porfirio Diaz, president of Mexico and its dictator for more than 30 years. He was born in Oaxaca, Mexico, from a mestizo blood and humble family. His early years were filled with economic hardship and tragedy, for instance his father died when he was just three years old, leaving the family impoverished and hopeless. Nonetheless, Porfirio Diaz' mother named Petrona Mori, constantly struggling to raise 8 children on her own, recognized the importance of any kind of education and enrolled Porfirio in a seminary. He was educated for the Catholic Church, a body having immense influence in the country at the time and ordering and controlling revolutions by the strength given by their filled coffers.
However, Porfirio Diaz' destiny lay in the world of temporal affairs. He switched his studies from the priesthood to law in the Institute of Science and Art. Known to be a diligent student, he was influenced and inspired by a remarkable figure in the Mexican society and one of his tutors named Benito Juarez, future
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- To what extend was Nicholas II prepared to become tsar in 18...
- Examine the impact of foreign intervention on the Spanish Ci...
- Compare and Contrast the Policies of Alexander II and Alexan...
- How far do Trotsky(TM)s own misjudgments account for his fai...
- 1920s American History Essay
- Life in the Past - tzi and Hatchepsut
- Pre history study notes
- How Important Was Ideology in Starting the Cold War?
- IB History HL, Extended Notes: Russia, the Tsars, the Provis...
- IB, Paper 1: USSR under Stalin, 1924-1941. Analysis of sour...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.