- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Porfirio Diaz History IB. The year of 1910 saw the 80th birthday of Jos de la Cruz Porfirio Diaz, president of Mexico and its dictator for more than 30 years.
The first 200 words of this essay...
History HL - IB
Ivan Camilo Martin - German Gallo
The year of 1910 saw the 80th birthday of José de la Cruz Porfirio Diaz, president of Mexico and its dictator for more than 30 years. He was born in Oaxaca, Mexico, from a mestizo blood and humble family. His early years were filled with economic hardship and tragedy, for instance his father died when he was just three years old, leaving the family impoverished and hopeless. Nonetheless, Porfirio Diaz' mother named Petrona Mori, constantly struggling to raise 8 children on her own, recognized the importance of any kind of education and enrolled Porfirio in a seminary. He was educated for the Catholic Church, a body having immense influence in the country at the time and ordering and controlling revolutions by the strength given by their filled coffers.
However, Porfirio Diaz' destiny lay in the world of temporal affairs. He switched his studies from the priesthood to law in the Institute of Science and Art. Known to be a diligent student, he was influenced and inspired by a remarkable figure in the Mexican society and one of his tutors named Benito Juarez, future president
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- Comparing Ancient Egypt and Ancient Greece
- The Treaty of Versailles vs. The Treaty of Vienna. Both the ...
- Compare and contrast Mussolini's and Hitler's rise to power
- Causes of the Spanish Civil War
- IB Extended Essay - How where the Conquistadors able to defe...
- The Seven Wonders Of The Ancient World - A.W.
- How far do you agree that the origins of the Cold War in 194...
- The Algerian War Start Date: 1954 End Date: 1962
- Aboriginal Human Rights and Canadian History
- A look at the Differing Views of Jimmy Hoffa by the Governme...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo