- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Revision notes on Nazi Germany.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The ideological roots of Nazism
Its roots lay in two movements of the last 25 years of the 19th century:
* Anti-Semitism which grew during that period of depression and from the racial theories of the time
* Radical right-wing politics (i.e.: Pan-German League) in favor of authoritarianism.
Weimar Period 1918 - 1929
After the war
* The Kaiser abdicated 9 November 1918
* New German Republic declared by Philipp Scheidemann
o Declaration not planned
o No king
o Parliamentary system, not a US style system
* There was an atmosphere of continual strikes, demonstrations and revolutions when the Weimar Republic was formed
o Armed volunteers 'free corps' appointed to defend provisional government
* Most right wing ex soldiers (their loyalty was questionable)
Weimar Republic formed
Elections for a National assembly were held 19 January 1919
* 6 February 1919: First meeting held in the city of Weimar because Berlin was too violent
o Friederich Ebert resigned as chancellor and elected president
o Phillip Scheidemann is elected as chancellor
o Constitution announced 14 August 1919
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- Causation of Cold War
- IB I.A History Emiliano Zapata
- Historical investigation
- Analyse the political factors involved in the unification of...
- Extended Essay: Columbus's Actions in the New World
- The Seven Wonders Of The Ancient World - A.W.
- How far do you agree that the origins of the Cold War in 194...
- The Algerian War Start Date: 1954 End Date: 1962
- Aboriginal Human Rights and Canadian History
- A look at the Differing Views of Jimmy Hoffa by the Governme...
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.