- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Stalin's Main Policies
After Lenin's death, finding a successor was rather difficult due to the unique role Lenin played in holding the party together and giving it direction after the revolution. The years from 1924 to 1929 have been renowned for the struggle of power that took place between several contenders. However, the person who emerged as victor of the struggle was Joseph Stalin where he was able to seize power of the USSR and defeat all his opponents.
The genuine struggle of power during that period was mainly between Stalin and Leon Trotsky. Both believed in divergent views on the future of Russia: Stalin believed in 'socialism in one country', while Trotsky believed in 'permanent revolution'. Trotsky wanted to expand the Russian-Bolshevik revolution to neighboring countries and hopefully to the more industrialized countries of Europe. Stalin's 'socialism in one country' was different and was more favoured by party members. Stalin proposed a socialist state in the USSR without the help of countries from outside and wanted to create a workers society what was superior to that of the Capitalist West.
Because of Stalin's control over the party, his skillful political qualities, the fact that his opponents
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- Causes of the Spanish Civil War
- Was the Tsar to blame for his own downfall?
- The End of the Cold War.
- Why did the Second Spanish Republic Fail?
- Discuss the successes and failures of Henry I as king of Eng...
- The Seven Wonders Of The Ancient World - A.W.
- How far do you agree that the origins of the Cold War in 194...
- The Algerian War Start Date: 1954 End Date: 1962
- Aboriginal Human Rights and Canadian History
- A look at the Differing Views of Jimmy Hoffa by the Governme...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.