- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
War Guilt Clause
The first 200 words of this essay...
War Guilt Clause
The alleged misunderstandings were that the War Guilt Clause was to prevent Germany from any counter-arguments and asking for reimbursement. However, it was later associated with Germany and its "war guilt". This illustrates that "In politics, perception is reality" because despite the true purpose of the War Guilt Clause, the perceptions of the Allied nations of Germany's role in World War I became reality for them. Not only did it become reality, it completely altered their perception and believed that all the blame was on Germany.The German viewpoint on the War Guilt Clause was that it was highly unfair, and denied that "Germany and its people... were alone guilty". The Allies viewpoint was that it was to state the crimes of "Kaiser Wilhelm" and for Germany to take responsibility of all losses suffered by the Allies as a result of the war. I agree with the German point of view more, because I don't believe World War I was solely caused by one country. Although I agree that Germany was partially responsible, they should not have to take responsibility for "all loses" of the war.I believe that the Allies were in fact not justified in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- Why were the central powers defeated in the First World War
- Discuss the short and long term consequences of the Indian M...
- Italy before WWI - poverty and migration.
- Compare and Contrast the Policies of Alexander II and Alexan...
- Why did the Communists win the Civil war?
- The Seven Wonders Of The Ancient World - A.W.
- How far do you agree that the origins of the Cold War in 194...
- The Algerian War Start Date: 1954 End Date: 1962
- Aboriginal Human Rights and Canadian History
- A look at the Differing Views of Jimmy Hoffa by the Governme...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.