- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
What is their Story?
The first 200 words of this essay...
What Is Their Story?
"Whoever tells the best story wins." Steven Spielberg puts strong emphasis on this quote throughout his movie, Amistad, which tells of the incredible journey of a group of enslaved Africans that rebel to earn back their freedom. This film gives insight into an area of history that is rarely talked about and tells the story of the slaves' fierce rebellion that works its way through the American political system at the verge of a civil war. This heart-wrenching drama opens the viewers' eyes to the gruesome treatment of slaves and the great legal system of that time through amazing, yet sometimes upsetting visuals. Though the topic is largely overused, the movie manages to not fall into the cliché with the help of its talented cast and distinguished director.
This movie starts off in mid 1839 aboard La Amistad (ironically meaning friendship), a Spanish slave ship on route from Havana. One captive of the ship, who came to be known as Joseph Cinque, frees himself with a bolt and then continues to free the others who arm themselves and plan their revolt. This rebellion turns into a bloody scene that takes
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- Essay plan Mao and Hitler. Compare and contrast the rise to...
- The League of Nations was unable to enforce its policies or ...
- Compare and Contrast the Democratic Successes and Failures o...
- What was the Effect of Nationalism on World War I?
- Rwanda Genocide
- Life in the Past - tzi and Hatchepsut
- Pre history study notes
- How Important Was Ideology in Starting the Cold War?
- IB History HL, Extended Notes: Russia, the Tsars, the Provis...
- IB, Paper 1: USSR under Stalin, 1924-1941. Analysis of sour...
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.