- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Why did Germany & Her Allies Lose WW1?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Year 11 History
Why Did Germany and Her Allies Lose World War 1?
Sameer Patel, 1101.
It can be argued that Germany and her allies faced a daunting war right from the start, but their desire to provoke and enter a war that involved the majority of Eastern Europe led them to being doomed right from the start. There are many factors that contributed to Triple Alliances' loss of World War I such as inefficient military plans, poor decision making by leaders, food and resource shortages caused by naval blockades, poor morale and conditions and the collapse of allies. In the end however, it was more or less the strength of the Allies that overpowered the numerous weaknesses faced by the Central Powers.
Before 1914, Germany had made many assumptions regarding certain possibilities and outcomes of the war. This all started as early as 1905 in the drawing up of the Schlieffen Plan in which Germany assumed that in the event of a major war, they would have to take out both France and Russia with one swift motion. This meant fighting a war on two fronts, but they believed it would be possible provided
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History (view all)
- Stalin and Mao. Compare and contrast the domestic policies ...
- Why did the Second Spanish Republic Fail?
- Compare and contrast Mussolini's and Hitler's rise to power
- Assess the view that Khrushchevs policies were a failure bot...
- Investigation: The Cuban Missile Crisis as a Thaw in the Col...
- The Seven Wonders Of The Ancient World - A.W.
- How far do you agree that the origins of the Cold War in 194...
- The Algerian War Start Date: 1954 End Date: 1962
- Aboriginal Human Rights and Canadian History
- A look at the Differing Views of Jimmy Hoffa by the Governme...
""Zoey. University Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.