- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Andrew Ghobrial 12/23/08
English Essay C
"A chronological sequence is only one way of telling a story," is a quote that many novels support; however, there are novels that are not told in chronological order. Telling a story in chronological order is a powerful way to show the meaning of the story. I read throughout this school year a few novels that were told in chronological sequence and a couple that were not, but the stories that were told in chronological order had a greater affect on me than those that were not.
An example of a novel that that is told in chronological sequence is Things Fall Apart and a novel that is not narrated in chronological sequence is The House of the Spirits.
In Things Fall Apart, Okonkwo, the main character, was a great man in his home of Umuofia, a group of nine villages in Nigeria. Okonkwo despised his father and did everything he can to be nothing like the man. As a young man, Okonkwo began building his social status by defeating a great wrestler, pushing him into society's eye. He was hard working and showed no
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Languages (view all)
- Sailing to Byzantium Poetry Analysis
- Debate - States Ought Not Possess Nuclear Weapons
- Lord of the Flies Chapter Questions
- Morning Song - Analysis
- Commentary on the poem "Will V-day be Me day too?"
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.