- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
For most of the people, bears are cute and look somehow friendly. Even though we know, that those animals can be very dangerous, the bears are often underestimated. Not only because we cannot find them in our near environment, and therefore don't know which impact they have, but also because we grow up watching series like Winnie the Poo (1977) or Brother Bear (2003), where bears have the hero and victim roles. Both these texts are based on the relation between the bear and man. The first is a newspaper article, concerned with the bear's extinction. The second text is an extract from a nineteenth-century novel, elevating the status of the bear and forgiving its misdemeanors.
The theme of the first text is the survival of the bear. It explains how urgent it is to do something against its possible extinction. The article states the causes of depletion and includes various statistics supporting their arguments. Besides the text is concerned about the bears all over the world and mentions a range of species, including the brown bear and the panda. The second text is more about the invincibility of the bear and its
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Languages (view all)
- HummingBird Comparison
- Yeats - Broken Dreams Commentary
- Great Gatsby Ending Analysis
- Literary analysis on September 1, 1939 by W.H. Auden
- Fasting Feasting by Anita Desai Detailed Study Notes
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.