- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
compare and contrast the dependency in Kitchen and of mice and men
The first 200 words of this essay...
World Literature Essay
Essay Topic: Compare and contrast the dependency within characters in Kitchen (Mikage and Yuichi) and Of Mice and Men (Lennie and George)
Kitchen by Banana Yoshimoto and Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck both have significance in the relationship of dependency between the two main characters. In Kitchen, the main characters, Mikage and Yuichi's relationship became relatively stronger after the death of Eriko and Grandmother, due to the similarities between loneliness, and loss of love. Therefore, the unwillingness of letting each other down, they tend to become more independent in the relationship. In Of Mice and Men, Lennie, who is a mentally disabled, leads the relationship to seem as one-sided, that Lennie depends on George for everything. Unlike the independency between Yuichi and Mikage, the dream ranch that George and Lennie have together brings them closer together. Although, the relationships of both characters in the novels may seem to be independent or one-sided, the fact that Mikage and Yuichi depend on each other, and George and Lennie's reciprocal relationship is irrevocable.
In Of Mice and Men, George begins to show reliance on Lennie as he finally understands the importance of Lennie. In
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Languages (view all)
- Fasting Feasting by Anita Desai Detailed Study Notes
- Color and weather as elements used to explore thought and em...
- Are there any benefits of having English as a Global Languag...
- Discuss the role of tradition in the global text you have st...
- English Written Task IB. I decided to write a thank you not...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.