- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Dulce Et Decorum Vs The Soldier
The first 200 words of this essay...
Brooke's poem communicates the positive side of war. Whereas Owens poem suggest that war is horrendous. However Wilfred Owen wrote Dulce et Decorum Est in1917. Owen fought for many years in the war as a soldier and picked up a few injuries one of them landing him in hospital. Dulce et Decorum Est. portrays the fact that the soldiers fighting are helpless and aren't heroes which then hints that Owen is giving a warning to the younger generation, who are more vulnerable, that the good things that are said about the war aren't necessarily true.
The pattern of the rhyming scheme in "the soldier" is soft and uses gentle rhyming couplets to create a persuasive and plausible atmosphere. Brooke's poems structure is very significant to the reader because it gives the poem the nationalistic point of view on war. On the other hand the pattern of the rhyming scheme in Owens poem is very harsh and broken up and the poem has a very critical ending to it, the ending reflects what is happening in the poem.
The tone of the speaker in Brooke's poem uses very supple, pliable language and is also
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Languages (view all)
- Nochebuena poema del autor peruano Csar Vallejo, muestra la ...
- Spanish - La siesta es el tiempo destinado para dormir
- Groom Service Essay
- Poem Commentary on "Strange Meeting"
- The short story Everyone Talked Loudly in Chinatown is about...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.