- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Faux Amis French
The first 200 words of this essay...
Faux Amis (verbs)
* assister - to attend
* attendre - to wait
* attirer - to attract/ entice
* blesser - to wound, to injure, to offend (not to bless)
* blinder - to reinforce
* commander - to order (as in a meal)
* contrôler - to check/verify
* demander - to ask (not demand)
* draguer - to chat up (not drag, though perhaps "pull")
* former - to train
* licencier - to dismiss
* passer un examen - to take an exam (not pass)
* réaliser - to create
* rester - to stay
* retirer - to take off/remove
* survenir - to overcome/arise
Faux Amis (nouns)
* avertissment - warning
* bon - slip/ form/ coupon
* caméra - a video camera (not a still one - that's un appareil photo)
* car - coach/because
* caution - a deposit/guarantee
* chair - flesh
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Languages (view all)
- Fasting Feasting by Anita Desai Detailed Study Notes
- French letter writing task. Avec un groupe des lves vous vou...
- Ngugi's On the Abolition of the English Department
- The Glass Menagerie: Is Visual Action as important as speech...
- Hello Day - Worldwide
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.