- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The play, Othello, by William Shakespeare has often been described as a domestic tragedy; however, the play presents tragedy in the human condition through focusing on three central characters that represent three different categories of human beings
The first 200 words of this essay...
Othello: A domestic Tragedy
The play, Othello, by William Shakespeare has often been described as a domestic tragedy; however, the play presents tragedy in the human condition through focusing on three central characters that represent three different categories of human beings. The play is a story of fidelity that presents the relationship between Othello and Desdemona as a venture of faith. It is also a relationship that begins in darkness, fails to sustain itself and so plummets into darkness once again.
For the purpose of this essay, we are going to examine Othello within the scope of this predetermined definition of the phrase 'domestic tragedy.' This phrase defines the play as one that revolves around the destruction of the 'marriage of true minds' that is found in the relationship between Othello and Desdemona. However, Othello presents the nature of love in its purest form and the ability of jealousy to destruct even the 'marriage of true minds.' The relationship between Othello and Desdemona is one built on the foundations of faith despite the claims made by others that it is an error in nature, "It is a judgment maimed and most imperfect that will confess
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Languages (view all)
- Discuss the role of tradition in the global text you have st...
- An analysis of Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451
- Color and weather as elements used to explore thought and em...
- Henrik Ibsen(TM)s portrayal of a changing society through th...
- Are there any benefits of having English as a Global Languag...
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.