- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The play, Othello, by William Shakespeare has often been described as a domestic tragedy; however, the play presents tragedy in the human condition through focusing on three central characters that represent three different categories of human beings
The first 200 words of this essay...
Othello: A domestic Tragedy
The play, Othello, by William Shakespeare has often been described as a domestic tragedy; however, the play presents tragedy in the human condition through focusing on three central characters that represent three different categories of human beings. The play is a story of fidelity that presents the relationship between Othello and Desdemona as a venture of faith. It is also a relationship that begins in darkness, fails to sustain itself and so plummets into darkness once again.
For the purpose of this essay, we are going to examine Othello within the scope of this predetermined definition of the phrase 'domestic tragedy.' This phrase defines the play as one that revolves around the destruction of the 'marriage of true minds' that is found in the relationship between Othello and Desdemona. However, Othello presents the nature of love in its purest form and the ability of jealousy to destruct even the 'marriage of true minds.' The relationship between Othello and Desdemona is one built on the foundations of faith despite the claims made by others that it is an error in nature, "It is a judgment maimed and most imperfect that will
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Languages (view all)
- References to color in The Kite Runner
- Leben des Galilei. Die Szene 8 stellt einen Dialog zwischen ...
- Why did Stanley rape Blanche? (Street Car named Desire)
- A Woman Who Has Inspired Me. when I think of a woman who ins...
- The practice of child labor is going on since a long time an...
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.