- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The Significance of Money In Controlling The Fate Of The Female Characters in A Dolls House and The House of Bernarda Alba
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Significance of Money In Controlling The Fate Of The Female Characters in "A Doll's House" and "The House of Bernarda Alba"
Money is closely tied with wealth and the stature in society from many different cultures. It is to no surprise that the significance of money is best demonstrated in plays of social realisms, such as "A Doll's House" and "The House of Bernarda Alba". Although money often symbolizes a person's class in the society in the field of literature, but in particular it is also a symbol of independence. The two playwrights have interpreted this idea of money in a similar fashion, where the female characters of both plays are trapped by a lack of wealth. Nora was withheld from her role of a woman because of her debt to Krogstad. Alternatively, Adela was not entitled to marry Pepe el Romano because she did not inherit any money from her deceased stepfather. Therefore, by analyzing the significance of money, we can gain insights into how it symbolizes the conflicts or character developments in the plot. This paper will compare the ways in which money is used for the above purposes in both plays.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Languages (view all)
- Fasting Feasting by Anita Desai Detailed Study Notes
- Color and weather as elements used to explore thought and em...
- English Written Task IB. I decided to write a thank you not...
- Discuss the role of tradition in the global text you have st...
- Are there any benefits of having English as a Global Languag...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.